Monday, October 17, 2011

Comprehension and Think-Alouds

What stuck out to me the most in this weeks readings was Pardo's article. In his article he discusses strategies that teachers should use to help promote comprehension. Pardo mentions using the Book Club program approach to help to engage students in personal responses to the text. The Book Club approach which allows students to read their book, write a "personal, critical, and creative" response to the story and then share their responses with their classmates. I think this is a great idea for encouraging students to engage while assessing their comprehension of the text.

I wanted to find some more information about Book Clubs and I came across this great video. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. The book club approach was always my favorite reading activity as a child and it always served as a valuable tool for learning. The video you posted was very enlightening. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete